How To Apply
ASSESSMENT OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Application for Equivalence and Recognition of Qualifications
The University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) requires the following to assess academic credentials:
- An application form fully completed and signed. See our website www.ucj.org.jm, under the section ‘Credential Assessment Services’.
- Certified copy of the degrees, diplomas, and academic certificates to be assessed.
- Certified copies of the degrees, diplomas, academic certificates, high school diploma, or examination passes used to enter the programme of study.
- Certified English translation for qualifications in foreign languages. See our website (www.ucj.org.jm) for a list of approved translators. The qualification in the original language of study MUST also be submitted.
- Official transcript(s) for the qualifications to be assessed. This should be sent directly from the institution of study to the UCJ.
- Certified copy of one form of valid photo identification and Tax Registration Number (TRN). A passport is required for foreign nationals. Proof of name change and correction MUST be submitted
Copies of documents must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.
Application for Assessment of Qualifications for the CARICOM Skills Certificate
- Persons who wish to obtain the CARICOM Skills Certificate should apply through the Ministry of Labour and Social Security. The CSME INFORMATION SHEET may be accessed from the Ministry’s website https://www.mlss.gov.jm/community/work-permit-forms/
- The UCJ assesses for equivalency qualifications obtained from universities other than those specified in the CARICOM (Free Movement) Skilled Persons Act, 1997 (University of the West Indies, University of Guyana, University of Technology, MICO College and University of Suriname).
- All the required documents identified in the section above should be submitted to the UCJ in order to obtain a Credential Assessment Statement to support applications for the CARICOM Skills Certificate. A status letter from the institution may be used instead of a transcript.
To apply for credential assessment, you may download the guidelines and application form below:
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
The fully completed and signed application form along with the supporting documents and proof of payment of the assessment fees may be sent by email or delivered to:
THE UNIVERSITY COUNCIL OF JAMAICA
31 Windsor Avenue, Kingston 5
Telephone: (876) 618-4267/ (876) 929-7299/ (876) 920-1424/ (876) 920-1165