As the National External Quality Assurance Agency of Jamaica, The University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) is committed to facilitating quality and conformance to standards in higher education. In so doing, the UCJ will:
- provide customers with high quality services which meet their requirements and are fit for their purpose;
- conform to Government of Jamaica statutory requirements;
- operate according to the latest version of ISO 9001 and INQAAHE Guidelines for Good Practice (GGP) principles;
- enhance the skills of management and staff through training and development activities, and performance management processes;
- promote the culture of continual improvement; and,
- ensure that consistent implementation of its quality management system is supported by internal auditing, management review, corrective and preventive action.
The members of the Council, the executive team, all staff, peer reviewers and members of advisory and technical committees are responsible for quality performance and delivery to customers and stakeholders, and for maintenance and development of high standards.